ALL CARPENTER APPRENTICES
BASIC REQUIRED PPE/TOOL LIST
Mandatory Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to Attend Any Training.
Note: Per Safety Guidelines: pants and shirts (no holes and rips in them) and shorts are never allowed.
- Hard-soled Work Boots (Steel-toed Athletic shoes NOT allowed)
- Long White Carpenter Pants for Carpenter Apprentice/Blue Bibs for Millwright Apprentice
- Long Sleeve or Elbow Length Short-Sleeved Shirt
- Hard Hat
- Clear Safety Glasses
All Apprentices are required to provide all tools on this basic list by 7:00 am on Wednesday in the Health and Safety unit.
Apprentices will be sent home if, any tool on the list below is not in your possession at tool check time. Apprentice could be placed
inactive, required to obtain a new letter of intent after the complete tool list is verified by CJAP
administration, then repeat and successfully pass the entire week before unit credit is awarded.
Basic New Apprentice Required Tool List
- Straight Claw (Residential Framers/Concrete/Interior Systems/Scaffold)
- 25’ tape measure
- Utility knife, retractable blade recommended (safety)
- Chalk box with chalk (speed reel recommended)
- Nail puller (cat’s paw Residential) and/or flat bar/pry bar (Interior Systems/Concrete)
- Metal speed square
- Level (Minimum 24”)
- Aviation Snips (yellow handled= straight-cut) (red handled= left-cut) (green handled= right-cut)
- 8” up to 12” Crescent wrench (12” for Millwright Apprentice/Concrete)
- Wood chisel 1”
- Leather or Canvas Tool Pouches
EVERY EFFORT MUST BE MADE TO BUY TOOLS MADE IN THE U.S.A.!!! SAVE
THE RECEIPTS FOR ALL OF YOUR TOOLS!!!
St. Louis Carpenters Joint Apprenticeship Program (CJAP)
Nelson-Mulligan Carpenters’ Training Center
St. Louis, MO 63123